Login or Sign Up to become a member!
LessThanDot Site Logo

LessThanDot

A Technical Community for IT Professionals

Less Than Dot is a community of passionate IT professionals and enthusiasts dedicated to sharing technical knowledge, experience, and assistance. Inside you will find reference materials, interesting technical discussions, and expert tips and commentary. Once you register for an account you will have immediate access to the forums and all past articles and commentaries.

LTD Social Sitings

Lessthandot twitter Lessthandot Linkedin Lessthandot facebook Lessthandot rss

Note: Watch for social icons on posts by your favorite authors to follow their postings on these and other social sites.

Highly Rated Users

Forum
No Posts Rated

Top 50
Given
Received

Links

Wiki
Blog

Forum Statistics

Users
Members:
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Total Post History
Topics:

7-Day Post History
New Topics:
Active Topics:

Our newest member
kowilmar1990z

Other

FAQ
All times are UTC [ DST ]

Google Ads

Giving external users view access to RS Reports

Please wait...

Giving external users view access to RS Reports

Postby kantboy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:43 pm

I know I could have pinned this onto my earlier SharePoint / Reporting Services thread, but I'd like this one to stand alone as it's a completely different issue....

I have come across another 'quirk' in SP2010 in RS integration mode.

I have embedded an RS web part in the SP front page, which I can view but people in the 'Users' group cannot. I discovered that you need at least 'Contributors' access to view the part.

After some reading on the web, I discovered that if I created a new permission level called 'Report Reader' with only 'Open' and 'Browse User Information' permissions, and add this level to the 'Users' group (along with 'Read'), they can then view the report.

Only trouble is, those users now have access to 'My Site', which I don't want. How can I remove their access to 'My Site' without removing their ability to view RS reports?

P.S. This is in an extranet scenario...

Once again, thanks in advance! :thumright:
kantboy
Apprentice
Apprentice
LTD Bronze - Rating: 11

Unrated