LessThanDot Site Logo

LessThanDot

A Technical Community for IT Professionals

Less Than Dot is a community of passionate IT professionals and enthusiasts dedicated to sharing technical knowledge, experience, and assistance. Inside you will find reference materials, interesting technical discussions, and expert tips and commentary.

LTD Social Sitings

Lessthandot twitter Lessthandot Linkedin Lessthandot facebook Lessthandot rss

Note: Watch for social icons on posts by your favorite authors to follow their postings on these and other social sites.

Highly Rated Users

Forum
No Posts Rated

Top 50
Given
Received

Links

Wiki
Blog

Forum Statistics

Users
Members:
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Total Post History
Topics:

7-Day Post History
New Topics:
Active Topics:

Our newest member
mwojcik

Other

FAQ
All times are UTC [ DST ]

how to restore my database from a host to my pc

Microsoft SQL Server
Please wait...

how to restore my database from a host to my pc

Postby ariane on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:50 am

Dear all,

I lost my database on my pc as I format my hard drive. Now could anyone guide me how I can get a copy of my ms sql server database from my hosting to work with my local pc? I need to have a local copy so that I can develop my site without internet connection. For your information, I'm using Hostforlife hosting service. I have searched and tried many methods to do it, but no luck yet. For example, I created a backup on Hostforlife.eu and restore backup file on my pc, but nothing happens. Then I created a new database, and re-created its structure same as the one on Hostforlife, then I used the import wizard to import data from them to my pc. Again, nothing happens.

I hope someone can give me a way of getting back my database to my pc as it's really frustrated if I don't have my database run locally on my pc. Thank you so much in advance.
ariane

Unrated