Login or Sign Up to become a member!
LessThanDot Site Logo

LessThanDot

A Technical Community for IT Professionals

Less Than Dot is a community of passionate IT professionals and enthusiasts dedicated to sharing technical knowledge, experience, and assistance. Inside you will find reference materials, interesting technical discussions, and expert tips and commentary. Once you register for an account you will have immediate access to the forums and all past articles and commentaries.

LTD Social Sitings

Lessthandot twitter Lessthandot Linkedin Lessthandot facebook Lessthandot rss

Note: Watch for social icons on posts by your favorite authors to follow their postings on these and other social sites.

Highly Rated Users

Forum
No Posts Rated

Top 50
Given
Received

Links

Wiki
Blog

Forum Statistics

Users
Members:
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Total Post History
Topics:

7-Day Post History
New Topics:
Active Topics:

Our newest member
kowilmar1990z

Other

FAQ
All times are UTC [ DST ]

Google Ads

Security, roles, principals, permissions

Microsoft SQL Server
Please wait...

Security, roles, principals, permissions

Postby Remou on Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm

I wish to grant very limited permissions (LUA) on certain tables to a group of users. The users should not even be aware that tables outside the list exist, even with malice aforethought.

To this end, I have been reading various articles, the most relevant of which are listed below.

It seems to me that I can add permissions for the various tables to a role and then add users to the role, or I can create several schemas for tables, alias the various tables and then add the schema to the role.

At the moment, I am inclined to add the tables to a role, but I am not sure which is best.

Any advice would be great.

References:

So, you could GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON DATABASE::<database name> TO <principal>.

-- http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... ransactsql

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7516 ... le-schemas
Stop quoting laws to us. We carry swords.
Remou
LTD Admin
LTD Admin
LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971
LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971LTD Gold - Rating: 971
LTD Gold - Rating: 971

Unrated

Re: Security, roles, principals, permissions

Postby dany500 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:41 pm

It appears to me that I can include authorizations for the different tables to a part and afterward add clients to the part, or I can make a few diagrams for tables, pseudonym the different tables and afterward add the pattern to the part.
We provide fast success in 220-801 dumps exam by using our high quality Cambridge College resources. We offer up-to-dated IBM with definite Cornell University of network+ training Youtube
dany500

Unrated