LessThanDot Site Logo

LessThanDot

A Technical Community for IT Professionals

Less Than Dot is a community of passionate IT professionals and enthusiasts dedicated to sharing technical knowledge, experience, and assistance. Inside you will find reference materials, interesting technical discussions, and expert tips and commentary.

LTD Social Sitings

Lessthandot twitter Lessthandot Linkedin Lessthandot facebook Lessthandot rss

Note: Watch for social icons on posts by your favorite authors to follow their postings on these and other social sites.

Highly Rated Users

Forum
No Posts Rated

Top 50
Given
Received

Links

Wiki
Blog

Forum Statistics

Users
Members:
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Total Post History
Topics:

7-Day Post History
New Topics:
Active Topics:

Our newest member
manails232x

Other

FAQ
All times are UTC [ DST ]

Is there a way to figure out if Outlook is not setup?

Please wait...

Is there a way to figure out if Outlook is not setup?

Postby Naomi on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi everybody,

On one of the workstations here we never ran Outlook Configure Account Wizard. When we try to send e-mails with Outlook, the system freezes for some time on oNameSpace.Logon() command and then shows a dialog :"System is busy.." with Switch. Retry.Cancel buttons.

My question is - is there a way to trap this not completed installation of Outlook.

I posted this question here http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 5edce58d01 and got the suggestion of checking the ProfMan - so far I could not figure out what would tell me the profile is bad.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming.
Donald Knuth, repeating C. A. R. Hoare
Naomi
Senior Sage
Senior Sage
LTD Bronze - Rating: 234LTD Bronze - Rating: 234LTD Bronze - Rating: 234LTD Bronze - Rating: 234LTD Bronze - Rating: 234

Unrated